The Account Manager acts as a service focused representative on behalf of Unity Foods within an assigned territory or route. Maintains contacts and relationships with customers and works with management to ensure the highest level of Customer Service. Assists in the profitable marketing of products and value added services to our Customers. Frequent travel by automobile required.
Build and maintain customer relations through personal contact and telephone calls.
Provide customer-focused distribution and value added services to customers in compliance with their requirements and within the company’s capabilities.
Meet with key customers and perform business reviews as needed.
Enhance sales by ensuring account penetration through Customer’s complete participation in full line purchasing.
Strengthen sales by ensuring account penetration through Customer’s complete participation in full line purchasing.
Respond to customer concerns with corrective action and resolve issues with a sense of urgency.
Foster “proactive” communication to Customers regarding delivery delays or product outage situations.
Provide access to and train Customers on Unity Foods website.
Present to large groups and conduct startup meetings with new Customer.
Keep informed on new products and other general information of interest to the Customer (i.e. promotions and inventory).
Maintain detailed and constant communications with all department heads in regards to Customer activities and product information.
Proactively monitor service levels of the Company through weekly tracking and work with the respective departments to maintain service levels and continued improvement.
Check on competitive activity and keeps Unity Foods Management informed.
Any other duties assigned by Unity Foods Management.
Keeps accurate records and makes reports on all phases of activities.
Conduct online order entry training for Unity Foods Online Ordering as needed.
- A High school diploma is required
- Bachelor’s degree in business or marketing is preferred. Experience building customer relationships in the food distribution industry will be considered as an alternative to formal education.
- Minimum of 2 years of direct customer account management
- 5-10 years of customer service focused management experience or foodservice sales experience is preferred
Skills And Abilities
- Well developed oral and written communication skills
- Excellent problem solving skills and the ability to make good judgments
- Ability to resolve issues with a sense of urgency
- Well developed interpersonal skills and the ability to persuade
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Microsoft Office skills
- Product delivery may require lifting up to 50 lbs
- Ability to read text that is close and at a distance with or without correction
- Frequent travel by automobile
- PC, office equipment, automobile
License Or Certification
- Drivers license
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by associates within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of associates assigned to this job.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Unity Foods is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.