This is a delivery position responsible for driving a 16ft box truck or Van for the purpose of delivering and unloading various products for Unity Foods customers. This requires using excellent customer service skills, and working in accordance with state and DOT regulations.
Overtime hours, working weekends and holidays, and starting at various early morning start times are required in order to successfully meet customers’ needs.
- Deliver product within assigned route schedule and time windows. Immediately inform management team of any deviations.
- Unload product from trailer, by hand or using hand cart, and place in designated customer storage areas. May include transporting product down ramps, stairs, or docks, in all weather conditions.
- Frequently lift, push, or move product that weighs 1-50 pounds, up to 80 pounds; frequently reach up to 72 inches to stack and unstack pallets and hand cart; constantly bend and twist while loading and unloading product, and retrieving items from trailer.
- Verify delivery of items with customer and obtain proper signatures. Contact management for authorization when discrepancies on invoice and communicate all errors/returns.
- Collect money (cash or checks) where required, and turn in all funds collected daily.
- Pickup, load and unload damaged goods and customer returns, and complete necessary paperwork.
- Perform pre-trip and post-trip responsibilities in accordance with Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations and Unity Foods policies and procedures.
- Maintain and safely operate all assigned equipment, including but not limited to hand cart, pallets, load bars, and personal protective equipment.
- Attend all required company meetings.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- 21+ years of age
- Valid Class C (commercial not required) Driver License with a “clean” driving record (including: no single DUI in the last 3 years and no multiple DUIs within the last 7 years)
- Pass pre-employment testing (Drug Screen, Background Check).
- Able to read, write and communicate in English as it relates to the job and to the safety regulations
- Have basic math skills (add, subtract, multiply, divide).
- High school diploma or General Education Development (GED) or equivalent.
- 2 years’ local food or beverage delivery experience.
- Pallet breakdown and hand cart delivery experience.
- Previous experience at in foodservice industry.
- Operate vehicle in a variety of traffic and weather conditions.
- Meet or exceed minimum productivity levels established by Unity Foods.
- Meet or exceed established cases per error goals.
- Demonstrate strong customer relations and problem resolution skills.
- Effectively plan and organize work activities independent of direct supervision.
- Develop a good working knowledge of product and inventory control techniques and procedures.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Overtime hours, working weekends and holidays, and starting at various early morning start times are required.
- Frequently lift, push, or move product that weighs 1-75 pounds, up to 80 pounds.
- Frequently reach up to 72 inches to stack and unstack pallets and hand cart.
- Constantly bend and twist while loading and unloading product, and retrieving items from trailer.
- At times, transport product down ramps, stairs, or docks, in all weather conditions.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by associates within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of associates assigned to this job.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Unity Foods is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.